5 Weed Edibles That Go Way Beyond "Magic Brownies"
When someone mentions “weed edibles” what’s the first thing you think of? Probably brownies. Because their rich chocolate flavor had the power to mask crappy weed, brownies because the baked good of choice when inexperienced cannabis enthusiasts tried to cook with the plant for the first time.
However, as we detailed in a previous post about the top cannabis chefs in the industry, the interest in weed infused and flavored foods has skyrocketed in the past few years.
If you’re interested in expanding your knowledge of the world of edibles, we’ve rounded up a few surprisingly simple recipes that you should probably put at the top of your list. And if you’re already familiar with the joys of cooking with cannabis, but are looking for an easy way to infuse them with more tasty excitement, please shop our full selection of weed flavor drops today.
We carry a variety of terpenes and natural flavorings that are perfect for infusing edibles and vape oils, including Blueberry Pie, Pineapple Express, and Super Lemon Haze. Shop Now!
Are You The Next High Times Top Cannabis Chef?
This is ANOTHER awesome reason to think about experimenting with our weed flavor drops: High Times is hosting a Cannabis Cup Cook-Off on March 4th and 5th in Las Vegas. “The first of its kind, the HIGH TIMES Cannabis Cup Cook-off invites eight chefs to face off in preliminary rounds on Saturday, and those winners will move on to the ultra-competitive final battles on Sunday to determine who will win the title of ‘Champion Cannabis Chef’,” explains High Times. In order to apply, you’ve got to have a spiffy cannabis recipe that will ‘wow’ the judges...and here are a few that might work!
Recipes That Shine With Our Weed Flavor Drops
- Ice Cream - Imagine how much more amazing an ice cream sundae would be if it was infused with the flavor of therapeutic terpenes found in your favorite strain of cannabis? All of this and more is possible when you follow Smoking With Style’s recipe for weed ice cream.
- Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries - Enhancing fruit with chocolate is always a five-star experience, but when you add weed flavor drops into the mix? This dessert becomes unstoppable. It’s easy to make, and if your significant other is a fan of marijuana flavor as much as you are, this will be a winning Valentine’s Day present for many years to come.
- Marijuana Tea - Love curling up on the couch with a hot cup of tea after a long day? This cozy pastime gets even better when there’s weed in the mix. This recipe from Smoking With Style shows you hot to combine cannabis flower with hot water and cannabutter for a truly soothing experience.
- Hot Wing Sauce - Love chowing down on some hot wings with friends during the big game? If your friends are cannabis consumers, this is the sauce that will knock their socks off. Made just like traditional hot wings but swapping CannaButter for regular butter, these wings will take flight all on their own!
- Hash Puppies - If you’ve ever eaten seafood or barbecue in the South, you know how delicious a good hush puppy can be. Created by star cannabis chef Payton Curry, this recipe for Hash Puppies is a glorious twist on a traditional favorite.